Godox update at last :)

mazza1967

I'm New Here
Dec 2, 2016
Godox emailed me the latest v20 update today for the x1c triggers and I am delighted to say it works 100%:) it's not on the godox web download yet but pm me if you want the file and I will happily forward it :) My m5 now works with all My godox via triggers very happy !!

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
In general, if you use 3rd party lenses or flashes, it has proven to be a good idea to wait for firmware updates before buying the latest Camera. I've seen this happening for many years, it can be frustrating for those who learn the hard way.

mazza1967

I'm New Here
Dec 2, 2016
I can't attach the file on here as won't all me too if you e-mall I will forward to you hopefully godox will put it on the download section very soon :) I don't know what other cameras it covers I would assume most of the latest models but I have no list but 100% works with the M5

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
Mt Spokane Photography said:
In general, if you use 3rd party lenses or flashes, it has proven to be a good idea to wait for firmware updates before buying the latest Camera. I've seen this happening for many years, it can be frustrating for those who learn the hard way.
And it drives me crazy. Unfortunately, canon doesn't have strobes and speedlites are not strong enough for what I do.
Godox nailed these two new products (AD600 + AD200) so it was hard not to be tempted.

tr573

EOS RP
Dec 2, 2015
Besisika said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
And it drives me crazy. Unfortunately, canon doesn't have strobes and speedlites are not strong enough for what I do.
Godox nailed these two new products (AD600 + AD200) so it was hard not to be tempted.
Truth. Godox has low & high powered bare bulb flashes, speedlights (with li-on battery packs!), and strobes that all use the same radio system, in manual & TTL varieties. It's such a well rounded system that it's hard to say no to, 3rd party or not.

JP4DESIGNZ

EOS T7i
Jul 25, 2015
Dallas, TX, USA
flyt1.com
Thanks for the update mazza1967! I see the autofocus beam still does not fire on my 5D4 however, I see another custom function (C.Fn-08)! I wonder what the new custom function is for.

tr573

EOS RP
Dec 2, 2015
JP4DESIGNZ said:
Thanks for the update mazza1967! I see the autofocus beam still does not fire on my 5D4 however, I see another custom function (C.Fn-08)! I wonder what the new custom function is for.
on the X1T-C? It works on my 5DIV.

mazza1967

I'm New Here
Dec 2, 2016
JP4DESIGNZ said:
your very welcome I have had much time to test it properly but seems to be working okay with my M5 i need to test on my 6d too but not expecting issues :)

tr573

EOS RP
Dec 2, 2015
cfn 08 forces a send of the settings every time the trigger is fired (rather than just on settings change) , in case you're having problems with your flash settings changing on you.

JP4DESIGNZ

EOS T7i
Jul 25, 2015
Dallas, TX, USA
flyt1.com
tr573 said:
JP4DESIGNZ said:
Yep, on the X1T-C. Oh yeah? I wonder what's going on with my 5D4. What firmware are you using?

tr573 said:
cfn 08 forces a send of the settings every time the trigger is fired (rather than just on settings change) , in case you're having problems with your flash settings changing on you.
Cool! I do have that issue sometimes. I've gotten in the habit of pressing the test flash a couple times to make sure my settings were synced.

tr573

EOS RP
Dec 2, 2015
JP4DESIGNZ said:
tr573 said:
JP4DESIGNZ said:
Yep, on the X1T-C. Oh yeah? I wonder what's going on with my 5D4. What firmware are you using?
19 on the trigger, and whatever the just released 5d4 firmware is. My trigger is recently purchased though, so it might be a later h/w revision - I know yongnuo at least has told some users that they had to update the h/w on the 600RT to make the af assist work with the 5d4, not just firmware.

I assume your af assist works on other cameras?

JP4DESIGNZ

EOS T7i
Jul 25, 2015
Dallas, TX, USA
flyt1.com
tr573 said:
JP4DESIGNZ said:
tr573 said:
JP4DESIGNZ said:
19 on the trigger, and whatever the just released 5d4 firmware is. My trigger is recently purchased though, so it might be a later h/w revision - I know yongnuo at least has told some users that they had to update the h/w on the 600RT to make the af assist work with the 5d4, not just firmware.

I assume your af assist works on other cameras?
Yep. It works fine on my 6D. They probably did do a silent h/w update to the X1T-C. Oh well, good thing I don't use it very much.

JP4DESIGNZ

EOS T7i
Jul 25, 2015
Dallas, TX, USA
flyt1.com
So, with firmware V20, I just found out the X1T-C works with the M6!!! I can control the menu from the camera as well as on the trigger if I wanted, no problems!!! The XT32C also works with the M6 like it did with the M3 however, I cannot control the XT32C in the camera like I can with the X1T-C. This is beautiful!